Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rags to Riches -Grandma's Story



“RAGS TO RICHES”
Grandma’s Story
5-25-90

“This is a true life story of my Grandma that she wrote
when she was younger”


Your probably wondering why this title you will know as I go on, with the story of my life. My life was not a pretty life, it was sad and of suffering. When I was born in 1934, I was born with a skin disease called Exyma from my head to my toes. I was one big scab. My father always took care of me. My father was the one who took me to the general hospital wrapped in a sheet, so people would not look at me because I looked terrible. But I remember one day when I was 9 years old, I woke to my mothers crying while I slept my father had been rushed to the hospital where he died. I was so hurt cause he had left me and I had 5 brothers and 2 sisters, that didn’t want to be around me because of my skin. So I grew up Isolated. When I was 13 years old a doctor took interest in me and put me in the hospital and started giving me treatments at 15 I had brand new skin, Long hair down to my knees. But I still felt hurt and angry, but at God more than anyone, when I turned 18 years old I was engaged to be married, my boyfriend was in the paratroopers then, he was in anchorage Alaska, one month before he was to come home so we could marry, he and 3 others drowned in his jeep. Again I felt that hurt and I was really angry at God. So at that time all my friends had gotten married so I married a friend of my brothers. Only to be beaten and left pregnant every time he went to jail. I had 2 girls 4 years old and 2 years old and I was 8 months pregnant when my husband was sent to prison for life I was happy for this. But once again when I gave birth to my son they found cancer I was so angry, I had never prayed or read a bible. But I prayed as well as I knew how, and I told God to forgive me for being so angry at him for taking my father and for all that was happening to me in life. I had only 6 months to live when this happened then I prayed. All of a sudden a couple of days later I felt different I felt free but I didn’t feel sick anymore. I went for a physical and no more trace of cancer. Why Rag’s to Riches? I was 30 years old when I got healed. My life is so different sine I took jesus as my savior.
He is my best friend he is the one only, who took the raggity way that I felt and gave me riches. By riches I mean I feel good about myself, I know that I have a lot to offer others, I don’t put people down I help lift them up.
Another good thing that’s new in my life is Chavez & Associates. Mr. Magnus, you have helped me so much cause sometimes when you spoke loud to me, I didn’t know what to do cause no one ever did that to me, without me yelling back but you see those are the Riches I have in me I can take it and I will make it. I have grown more and I feel so sure of myself that I’m going to make it. I don’t mean to preach but I want people to know that there is nothing impossible in life. I was determined to live and I did, now I am determined to make it in this field. Thank you Lupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment